Meme … it means “same” or “even” or is used for emphasis
September 13, 2008 §
This meme is about blogging;I’ve been tagged by 51 Stories. She lives across the Atlantic. Her photos and travels (and Sunday Salon) entries will intrigue you.
Here are the rules:
1. Write about 5 specific ways blogging has affected you, either positively or negatively.
2. Then link back to the person who tagged you (and leave a comment on his/her blog after you do the tag)
3. link back to this parent post
4. tag a few friends or five, or none at all (and inform them about it)
5. post these rules— or just have fun breaking them
5 WAYS Blog Writing has impacted me …
1. (+) It’s a catch net; reality check; network; neighborhood where no one cares what I wear, where I am, or whether or not my stuff is “proof-perfect.” I can talk. I can natter on. I can duck in and out. I write more because of blogging.
2. (+) It forces me to do something daily … for the sheer bliss of writing something and having it go out there and maybe have it read. (Actually, its chances of being read are better in blog world than in real world. But then, is not blogworld real?)
3. (+) It’s actually encouraged even more communication among my family members but also in a world of strangers, it offers virtual acquaintances and friendships and SUPPORT! This continues to amaze me – everyone keys into something upbeat in their responses, comments, sense of humor, intellect, sharing and great good fun!
4. (+) Blogging has totally impacted the pictures I take. Nothing is too small or insignificant photographically to go along with a written entry. Nothing is too big or grand. I am learning (sloooowly, slooooooowly) a bit about photojournalism, especially seeing what others are doing.
5. (+) Oh, it far far better than the telephone; and engenders even more writing. I write notes. Letters. Silly things to stick on the fridge. Query letters. More. Blogging has flung open dozens of doors and continues to do so.
OK, there are negatives, but they don’t really count!
(-) I often feel stupid about what I post.
(-) Blogging is a time suck.
(-) Blogging is addictive.